Honduras

Honduras
Honduras

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Hey mom,

So I would actually like you to send me one thing. I would like the new Relief Society book in English. I have it in Spanish but I would like to read it in my own language. Also, can you put a little extra money in my card? I feel kind of bad asking for this, but we are having an activity on the 24 and we want it to be awesome and the ward can`t help us. So we are going to us a little bit of our own money for this. If you don`t agree with this, just tell me and I wont do it.

Thanks for the song in English. I am actually singing songs with my comp right now because she can sing and wants to sing so that`s what we are doing. And the songs in Spanish are good but man, they are so much better in English. We were singing one of the songs and we started laughing because it was so different. It is pretty awesome that I can actually understand this language. I remember when I started and I thought I would never be able to learn Spanish good enough to speak to people but amazingly I can.

So you do remember the family Rinaldo from my first area? The family that Hermana Chavez and I taught a lot? Well, I hope you do remember the name. I called Hna Chavez Tuesday for her birthday and she told me something awesome. She told me they finally decided to get baptized! So I got permission to go to their baptism Saturday. It was one of the best baptisms I have been too. I was so excited and happy for them. They all got baptized! Out of a family of 6, 5 were baptized. So I went with Hna Manutai and it was awesome. I have some pictures but no one has their cord :( And they were so happy that I went. They told me that although they didn`t decide to get baptized with us, we were still their missionaries. That sure makes a missionary feel pretty good abuot the work we are doing here. I knew they would get baptized but I didn`t think they would get baptized while I was in the mission but I am so happy they finally made the decision and it`s even better that I was able to be apart of their special day. That was one of the first times that I have really seen the fruits of what I am doing here. That was something that I really needed.

So I have some more addresses that I would like to have if you could get them for me. Brittney McGetrick and Coach Soles. Please and thank you!

I can`t believe that Karson is most likely going to have his call by this next week. Holy cow! Please video tape it and send it so that I can see it. I would greatly appreciate it. And send me everyones guesses just so that I can feel a little more apart of it.

So this week was pretty good. Aside from the fact that I saw one of the first families I taught be baptized, we have a few dates ourselves for this month. And if they would just get baptized, they would be awesome members! David has shame or something like that because he knows the church is true but was baptized and never comfirmed. So he just has to let go of his pride and just get baptized. Then his brother Victor likes the church but doesn`t like big groups or religions but he does like what we are teaching him. The hard thing is that he is in school and is gone all day long. So we can only meet with him on Saturdays and Sundays. And some of his tests will be on Sunday. Only in Honduras do the schools have tests on Sundays. It drives me nuts. We also have Nestor who is just fine. His girlfriend is in our ward and he is so happy to be learning. We taught him yesterday and you could just feel his joy and happiness in the lesson. We have someone named Aryery who likes what we are teaching but her husband has a ton of control over her. He was taught by the missionaries last year and doesn`t want her to read the Book of Mormon because they have their religion and it will just confuse her because she doesn`t know the Bible very well and just a bunch of other excuses. I know that if we want them to be baptized, we have to convert him first and then we can get her. I just don`t know how we can get to him. That`s going to be our challenge. BUt this month is going to be awesome. We are going to have a big baptism on the 18 of this month with all the missionaries in our stake. It has 2 zones and about 14 companionships. So that will be sweet. We just have to pray and fast that the dates that we have won`t fall. We have a super awesome zone meeting with President and his wife. We talked about who are our angels and how we are angels for the people here. It was pretty awesome. We all shared who they were. I couldn`t quite pick on of you so I just said my family. You are all my angles and have helped me so much in my life. I am where I am because of your example and your help. We also shared our testimonies. It was probably one of the most spiritual meetings I have had here in the mission. I absolutely loved it and it was awesome. We also decided to fast every Wed while we are in the zone together. But I am going to make it a goal to fast every Wed. Also, we are waking up a little earlier to say our prayers so that they can be more meaningful. I have done it since Thrus and I can already feel the difference. I realized that I was getting to casual in my prayers and I wasn`t really thinking baout the things that I was saying. It is true that we are different in the mission and that we have this power and authority. It amazes me that the Lord puts his trust in the young men of this world. The weak ones are the ones that are changing the world and the lives of the people. But the Elders are pretty strong young men. But it is still pretty amazing. I love the trust he has in us! I have grown so much in these short 8 months.

I love you and miss you all! Thanks for everything and for your examples. Have a great week! Know that you are in my prayers all the time. Tell everyone hi for me!!

Kylee

No comments:

Post a Comment