Honduras

Honduras
Honduras

Sunday, March 18, 2012


Hey mom and everyone else!
I hope everything is going good. Things are going. This week was pretty good. We have changes this Wednesday and I thought I wouldn´t be taken out but the word is that the Elders that are in the area right next to mine will take over my area. I thought I would be relieved because the area is difficult but we actually have investigators right now that are progressing and we are working with the members. So if I have a change, I will be kind of disappointed. But the Lord knows what He is doing. Also, I am expecting it because we need 5 more Hermanas. We have 3 minis right now, 3 that will leave this change and 1 that will come in. So we are short. So they have to close areas or do something. And the Elders have a really small area and they use the same chapel as us so they may just combine the 2. But we will just have to wait and find out. Changes always make me a little nervous. I kind of want to have a Gringa because they are all super nice and sometimes I am jealous when people can talk in English with their comps. I haven´t has that experience yet and maybe I won´t. I know it wouldn´t help me with my Spanish very much so maybe I will regret having these feelings if I actually get a Gringa. Oh changes. They are so wonderful!

So this week was better. We have a lot of positive and progressing people. We have 3 people with baptism dates and we´re working with 3 families. So it really would be a bummer to leave now. We are also working with the members more and they are starting to help us more. We are actually recieving more references. Not as many as I would like but it´s at least a start. I just have to be more patient. My comp is good and I am learning a lot but she is definitely ready to go back to her real life. She is baggy or trunky. She sometimes goes to the bathroom for 20 or 30 minutes just so she can listen to "worldly" music. It makes it really hard to stay focused. And when we go to the members homes we are there for way too long because they all just want to talk about the stake and the people they know and everything. I try to leave but they just won´t stop talking. So that has been a struggle. And for that we didn´t hit all the mission goals for the week because we were with the members for way too long. But really, I don´t have a lot to complain about. I have learned quite a lot from her and from her experience. It´s interesting to know how different the missions are. But for me, my mission is the best mission in the world!

I just have to say, I am pretty surprised to hear that Wyatt made the cookies all by himself. He has a project to do when I get home. I want to try his cookies one of the first days I am home. I think Dad has brainwashed us all because I would really like some homemade cookies. But that´s pretty dang impressive. Look at all the things he can do know that he is 12 years old.

Hey when is Brittany getting married? I know you probably told me but I don´t remember. And to who again?

I know exactly how Jillian feels. It was pretty difficult but the thing that helped me was just remembering that my time with her would end. It may have felt like a life time but it ended and I think I am stronger now. She will be a lot stronger and she will be able to help her comp. The changes in the mission do end. Sometimes they take forever and the time goes by so slow but they end. Maybe the Lord is just preparing her for something. Don´t tell her I said that because if the Lord is preparing her, that means she may have an even worse comp and I don´t want to jynx her. Doesn´t she hit a year soon? Holy cow! The time has gone by pretty fast.

Well, thanks for the letter. I really appreciate it. Know that you are always in my prayers. I love you all and am grateful for you. You guys are such examples and I couldn´t ask for a better family.

Love you! And have a great week. Can you believe we are almost done with the month of January? I felt like I just talked to you guys and it´s almost been a month! Love you
Kylee.

No comments:

Post a Comment