Honduras

Honduras
Honduras

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Hey daddio,

Thanks for the letter. I really appreciated what you said. I never thought getting letters would be so exciting but it´s definitely something that I look forward to doing. So thank you!

I am trying to do something that I should have done in my first 2 changes with my trainer but I didn´t. I am memorizing a scripture and 2 other references for each section of the 5 chapters. It is kind of difficult because the wording in Spanish is definitely different than English but I am hoping this will improve my Spanish and improve the lessons that I teach. And this will be good because I need to be better at using the scriptures. I use them but not like I could be using them. It´s going a little slow only because it´s hard to find the time but at least I am doing it. My goal is to have all the scriptures and their references memorized by the end of the next change. Wish me luck!

So I am having a little bit of a hard time with the area and everything but I was reading in Doctrine and Covenants about when Joseph Smith was in Liberty jail and the section made me feel a lot better. I know other people go through trials and have their hard times but when we are in our "Liberty Jail" or our own Gethsemane we never realize that other people around us are going through things just as difficult if not more difficult. It also helps to know that someone as faithful and righteous as the Prophet sometimes felt alone and felt abandoned by the Lord. I know we are never abandoned by the Lord but I know we all feel like it sometimes. The thing we have to remember is that God is always right there with us waiting for us to humble ourselves and turn unto Him. He truly knows how to comfort us because He has suffered more than anyone of us can imagine. Yet He did it because He loves us and wanted to know how to help us. He did the will of the Father just as we are trying to do while we are in our bodies so that we can live with our families forever. This makes me do what I do. I want to live with you and mom and the kids forever. And with my own family when I have one (but don´t worry. It won´t be for a while. We´ve got time before that actually happens). But that is definitely one of the greatest motivations that I have to make right choices here.
Well I love you and thanks for the letter again! I am praying that you will find a full time job that is fairly close to home. I know it will happen soon! We will be receiving double the blessings when Karson leaves!

Love you dad!
Kyles

No comments:

Post a Comment