Honduras

Honduras
Honduras

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Hey family,

Tell Wyatt that his prayers have been answered! I got the package this morning. Well, I think it is mine. It says Kylee Fonk and Kely Fonk so everyone is pretty sure it´s mine. I guess the paper that is normally in there disappeared. But I am pretty sure that it is mine. And I am so excited to open it up! It is going to be just awesome. I thought it was so cute that he prayed about it and it just makes me know that Heavenly Father is always aware of us. Even if it is a simple prayer about a package. Obviously Wyatt needed this prayer to be answered just to know that Heavenly Father listens. It´s so cute. I sure love all of you guys and for your prayers.

And can I just tell you, I am so excited for Karson. I can´t wait for him to send me that email telling me where he is will go. And I know he´s going to tease me a little in the email just to make me wait. But I would greatly appreciate it if you could figure out a way to record it so that I could see it. But if you can´t, I will just be happy to recieve the email. I am so excited for him. Just being out in the mission, I know he will be one of the best elders and that he will enjoy it so much! I am so excited that he will have this opportunity to serve his mission and have this time to serve the Lord. He will just love it. And I know it will be the best 2 years he will have just because I know him.

Also, tell Grandpa Ken happy birthday for me. And Grandma Lucy (I don´t remember if I told her but just in case). Also everyone else that had birthdays or who will have them. I am pretty forgetful this year.

So this last week was pretty crazy. Yes, there was a fire that burned down a prison but it´s actually a little ways away. So don´t worry about me. I am totally fine. I know you probably aren´t but still. Just in case, I am still alive and we are super safe. We didn´t end up having any baptisms :( I was pretty disappointed. Esthefani´s mom won´t give her permission and Nestor´s girlfriends dads arm is hurt so he couldn´t baptize him. But we are hoping to end this month awesome. We are hoping for 3 baptisms. Nestor, David (who has just made us so happy. He is truly changing his life and he came to church again yesterday and is making the right changes and everything!) and esthefany (she is definitely an act of faith for us). But I so hope they all get baptized. I am sure getting bummed that I haven´t had a baptism for 2 months. I know that's not what the mission is all about but it is really hard sometimes when all the other missionaries in the zone are having success and I can´t seem to get a person to stay interested. But that´s just one of the many trials I have. I just need to be patient because the Lord knows what I need when I need it. And I just have to remember that people have the agency. That has got to be one of the hardest and most frustrating thing about the mission. Holy cow. I know I will never understand how the Lord feels but I sure feel like I understand just a little of it. Haha agency is always good when we do what we should do and it just is lame when we don´t follow the commandments and make mistakes. But I am sure grateful for it.

So our Luau is this Friday! And oh man, we have so much to do for it. We are pretty stressed out just thinking about it all. But the ward or at least some of the members are really supporting us and also the missionaries. We are doing a show or a drama of Johnny Lingo and there will be some dances in between. The young women learned one, the relief society, the young men have something and the missionaries in the zone are doing a dance. It is going to be awesome and we are just praying that everything works out well and that people have fun. It is so stressful to plan something like this! We also have a lot of support from our ward mission leader who has just been called and hasn´t even served a mission yet! But he is pretty awesome and he is helping animate the members to come and bring investigators. I am pretty sure this whole week will just be dedicated to this activity. And then if we have a baptism! Holy cow. But we are going to end this month on fire! Haha hopefully not literally. But we are having fun planning this whole thing. And I guess it´s like a miracle that everyone is as into the activity as they are. One of the members told us that it is like a miracle to see half these people so interested in something. Usually when an activity is planned, the ward members won´t do anything. The ward really has major problems, well not together but just with the Bishop. So we are so happy that everyone is supporting us and that they are excited. I think we will have some new investigators from this and I know they will be positive because they are usually positive if they are references from the ward members. Just wish us luck and keep us in your prayers please this week. We are going to be running around like chickens with our heads cut off! But it will be a success.

I hope you all have a great week! Have fun with Karson opening his call. It brings back so many good memories of my day! Remember I love you all and miss you even more! But I know this is right where I am supposed to be no matter how hard it is sometimes. I wouldn´t change my time here for anything. I am so grateful that the Lord has this much trust in me to let me be able to be one of His full time servants. I love this work and know that the church is true. I have definitely felt my testimony be strengthened here about every aspect of the gospel and the principles that are here. Thank you for your examples and for your support! I love you all!

Love you
Kylee

P.S. One of the elders that just came into the mission was the Latin comp of Elder Braden Tenney! He was showing us some pictures of the CCM and then Braden popped up! So I thought I would just tell you. I can´t believe he is already on his mission. The time really went by fast.
P.S.S. Sorry for bugging you about all the addresses but I would like 2 more. Can you get me the addresses of Tressa and Jilian? I just want to see how they are doing in their missions. Please and thank you! Love you again!

No comments:

Post a Comment