Honduras

Honduras
Honduras

Sunday, March 18, 2012


Hey familia! I am seriously so excited for Karson!!!!!!!! He is going to love his mission. I was a little bummed that I couldn´t actually see it but that´s okay. He made me scroll down for about 5 minutes before I actually found out. He´s the Karson we love. Haha but I am way happy. And I am happy that he is so excited. He is going to be an amazing missionary. It´s interesting because I try to imagine him as a missionary and what type he will be and I can only imagine him being one of the best. I can´t wait to talk to him about all the experiences that I have had and that he will have. It will be interesting when he is finally out. I was surprised that he isn´t leaving until July but I guess that means he has plenty of time to prepare. That was about how long I waited to go. I am just super super excited for him!!!! He will be pretty cold though. And I had to laugh just thinking about what you said about his mission being the safest and mine being one of the most dangerous. I was just talking to my comp about it and we were saying how we don´t really think it is one of the most dangerous. We don´t feel like we are in danger or anything. Sometimes I feel like I am still in the states. But I never really feel I am in danger. I guess that´s a good thing though. But he will definitely be a lot colder than me too. Haha we are just going to opposite missions. It´s interesting how that happens. But I am really happy and excited for him. So the Luau! It was so good! Probably one of the most stressful things I have done and will do in the mission but it was pretty good. Our hard work did pay off and we have more support and trust from the members. We think. And we have a few more investigadors so that is a good thing too. And they are very positive. Yesterday we had like 7 people at church. We are now working with 2 families and 5 or 6 other people. It was pretty awesome. I took some videos and I will try to send them but we will see if they work. We are all trying to send them. We had all the missionaries from the zone in the drama and man, they were great. We all danced and then an elder from New Hampshire did a fire thing. It was awesome. I was so happy it worked and that people enjoyed it. It would be awesome to do it again but I don´t know if I ever could. One, I won´t be with her in another area and two, way too much stress. But I can officially say that I put together a Luau in Honduras of all places. The people just absolutely loved it. We also made a bread smothered in coco milk that none of us got to enjoy :( we apparently didn´t make enough and so none of the Elders really got to try it. Only the members and their friends. But I guess that was all that really mattered. It was a success and I am so happy to have it all done with. I didn´t really the stress that goes into these activities. I will definitely always try to be better at helping people put together these activities. And the ironic thing about it was that the day after, the person over the missionary work in the stake asked if we could help him put together a drama of the restoration for the stake. So we are helping him do a musical drama thing for the stake that will happen in april. The thing is I really want to be here but well see because we have changes next wed and the chances of me leaving are pretty high. But we will see. So we were supposed to have baptisms this last Saturday but they all feel through. I am really trying not to be so down and discouraged but it is really frustrating. Especially when you know the people know they need to be baptized but just won´t put their faith into being baptized. It´s also hard not to feel like you are doing something wrong. We keep setting dates and everything with our investigators and they accept but then when they are in the baptism interview or it´s a week away, they all fall through and no one wants to actually go through with it. It is really discouraging. I have truly had my faith tried. I feel that I am doing everything I can but yet, I still can´t have the success I want to have. I know everything is in the Lords time and everything but sometimes it´s really hard to accept the Lords timing. That has actually been something that I have struggled with these last few changes. And I would really like to have another change here because we have a lot of positive people and I have been working with a lot of people that I know will get baptized this month. Or at least, I have faith they will. I don´t want to change yet. This area sure has been hard but I love it. Maybe becasue I have grown so much and seen miracles. Also the hardest times in our lives are the ones we remember and the ones we love. I am sure that is why i love this area. But I am trying to stay strong and positive and keep the faith going. Anyways, thanks for the prayers and the support and the letters. I got the letter you sent me mom this last week. I really liked remembering some of those stories. Although I don´t remember always asking questions but that´s okay. It wouldn´t surprise me. I do have a lot of questions. Also, thanks for the package. I loved what you sent me. And I love the clothes. They are super cute. And the Christmas picture. LOVED IT!!!! Also, we are loving the soup and food you put in there. I am definitely enjoying it all. Thanks for it. LOVE YOU!!!! Kylee So no one can get the video to work and I actually don´t have time to send it. I am getting in trouble by one of the ZLs. They are killing me. So I should probably get off. But I will try to send it next week. Love you again. And thanks for everything you guys do for me eventhough I am hunderds of miles away. I can feel your prayers and everything here. Keep up the good work and never lose the faith. This is truly the only true church in the world. And we are so blessed to be members of it and to be able to share it with others






.

No comments:

Post a Comment