Honduras

Honduras
Honduras

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Hey familia!!!

So you will never guess what I am doing right now??? You know how I wrote about my feelings a few weeks ago about the upcoming change that just passed... Well, my feelings were right. I am training!!! Who would have thought with only 3 changes in the mission! But I guess the time doesn`t matter a whole lot to the Lord. Because I am training. And so is Hermana De Leon, my last companion. I don`t know if I will be training for the whole 3 months because this actually isn`t her mission. She`s waiting for her VISA for Mexico and she had been waiting for almost 5 months. So they sent her here. She`s really nice. But really quiet. She reminds me of myself and the first little bit of my mission. I definitely don`t feel prepared to be a trainer. But it`s amazing what the Lord does for us. I have so much more confidence in myself and can start a conversation with just about anyone and can give a lesson. I am better at giving lesson one better than the others but with time, they will come. My testimony has definitely been strengthened these last few days. I had a really awesome experience this past week while we were out knocking doors. I think it was on Friday. So we were knocking and everything and we got to a door and I started introducing us and everything and then asked if we could come in and share a message with them. And surprisingly they said yes. So we went in and I started talking about the Restoration. I know for a fact that the Spirit was the one teaching and that I was blessed with gift of tongues because everyone was amazed and how well I was speaking. And I can`t remember anything that I said. I only remember that I was teaching about the first lesson. It was awesome. We are going back this next week to teach them more. It would be great if they got baptized but even if they don`t, the experience is something that I will always remember and hold dear to my heart. It was incredible. My companion was pretty shocked. I think she thinks I know a lot more than I know. And granted, I think I know a whole lot more than I will let myself believe. So yeah, my spiritual experience for the week. I am still pretty shocked that I am training. And I am nervous because the trainer makes all the difference. I definitely learned what I want to do and what I don`t want to do. And something that I know I will like because I like it right now is that I am in charge. I didn`t know how much of a control freak I was before my mission. I just am excited that I get to decide what time we leave, how long we are in a house and such. It makes me feel a lot better and I am happier. And this means, I will probably be a senior comp for the rest of my mission which is just fine with me :)

Yesterday, I did something that I would never have done in any other place and that I bet you guys will be shocked to hear. I sang a song with my bishops wife in a stake activity... Surprised or what?! I wish I could see your guys face. And it was just the two of us. It`s pretty incredible to see how much more confidence I have in myself. We sang Away in a Manger. And it was in Spanish. I don`t think it was very good because you can`t really hear me like you can hear her. But people told me I was good so who knows. I have a video so sometime I will have to either send it or you will just have to wait another year. No, I am going to buy a cable for my camera today so next week, there will be more pictures. Hopefully :)
I will say, it`s pretty incredible to have so many missionaries out in the mission. 1/3 is from our ward alone? Wow. That is awesome. I can`t believe Cort comes home this week. And I am so excited to hear that Andrew is about to go out. Doesn`t Braden Tenney leave soon or is he gone? And Braeden Kale is going to serve? That is really sweet. That means he is serious about the church.

So, I just asked my ZL`s about calling with Skype and unfortunately we can`t use it. And it`s actually Sunday we can call. So I will be calling Sunday not Saturday. And I actually think it is cheaper for me to call you guys. Well, obviously I will be calling you guys. But I don`t know if you guys have to buy anything for me to talk and all. But than again, I trust Dad and his knowledge. He`s done this stuff before so just do what you are going to do. But know I will call Sunday sometime. I have church in the morning so sometime after that. I am pretty excited to hear from you guys!!! Just don`t be too hard on me because I know for a fact, I will cry. Haha I am getting teary-eyed just thinking about it.

Anyways, I don`t have a lot of time. I know there are more things that I can tell you but I can`t remember. Oh and think of questions you want to ask me before. I know the time will go by fast because I have 6 months of stories for you guys.

Oh I can`t believe I forgot to put this in before now. I have a baptism this week! The 23. Her name is Fernanda and she`s 13 years old. Her grandma and uncle and aunt are in the ward and she lives with them. We were teaching the members and they invited her to come down and listen to us and then we set up an appointment with her. We taught her for the first time Thrusday and challenged her to baptism. And my comp was so excited she put the date for this last Saturday. And she actually agreed to it. But then I was talking with hna Fabregas and explained that we have to teach more and such so we decided to change the date. And luckily, it was okay with Fernanda because she had to go to a wedding. But she is really excited and happy about her decision as are we. She had been taught by other missionaries but I guess she was waiting for us. I was looking through the area book and other Elders wrote about her but said she wasn`t a positive investigator and such and so they dropped her.
But she is positive with us and super excited. And what a great way to celebrate Christmas!

Anyways, I love you all and am thinking about you a lot. Even more with this time of year. I am so thankful for each and everyone of you. And I cannot wait to call you guys!!!
LOVE YOU ALL!!!
Kylee

No comments:

Post a Comment