Honduras

Honduras
Honduras

Monday, April 23, 2012


Hey mom, 
 
Don´t worry about me not getting the letter in time.  I figured you weren´t feeling good or something.  So I didn´t think too much about it.  I was just glad Dad wrote me a letter.  Which speaking of Dad, I am pretty surprised to hear he is in the Bishopric.  It is awesome but not something that I was thinking about.  I knew there would be some major changes but wow.  I will say I wasn´t expecting it.  But I am pretty happy for him.  Brother Sorenson or I guess Bishop Sorenson, dad and Brother Moody will make a good Bishopric.  It will just be weird to go home and see Dad sitting on the stand for the whole meeting.  Haha crazy!  But they will do awesome.  It will be also be interesting to go home to a different ward.  But if there is anything I have learned in the mission it is that changes always happen.  We just have to make the most of them.  And tomorrow, I will know where I will be going and with who.  I am definitely ready for a change.  I am actually hoping for a change now.  6 months in one area is a long time.  So I am ready for a change.  Who would have thought those words would ever come out of my mouth!  Haha but well see where the Lord wants to send me and with who.  It should be interesting. 
 
So easter here is pretty different.  I wrote dad a little about the activites that some people do here.  The Caltholics literally act out the walk of Christ with him carrying the cross and everything.  I definitely am not the biggest fan of that.  That would be so horrible to see and to act out. I don´t know why they would even do something like that.  The members do celebrate it a little different here too.  Its not a very big thing.  They definitely don´t have an easter bunny or anything.  And they really didn´t even have talks about the Resurrection.  They just had all the future missionaries bear their testimonies.  IIt was good, just different.  I like it better in the states.  But it was a good experience to have here.   
 
And McKenna Snell is going on a mission!  That one was a shocker.  I never imagined her going.  We have a lot of girls leaving from our stake now.  And it all started like a year ago.  It´s crazy but pretty awesome.  She will love the mission! 
 
Okay and I just want you to know that I really am not thinking too much about school anymore.  I took your counsel to heart and I am not thinking about it.  I am trying to practice my faith that everything will turn out just fine.  But I was just wondering if you could at least check when I would need to reapply and everything for BYU Idaho.  I am thinking I should just go back there and finish.  It really would be the smartest thing to do.  Afterwrds, when I want to get my Masters, I can change schools and go to one in Utah if I want too.  I just don´t want to miss applying to school for the Winter semester.  Please and thank you. 
 
Also, I was thinking that I would really like every email that I have written you guys and the emails I receive from you guys.  I don´t know if you have thought of doing this but could you print or start printing my letters?   I want to make a book or something of all my letters to have it after the mission.  I don´t want to have to print them all off before I lose my account after the mission. 
 
So this week was pretty good.  Everyone is feeding us because we have changes soon.  I do feel pretty special because everyone wants us over for dinner before I leave.  It makes me feel pretty loved.  But other than eating the week has been good.  We have this awesome investigator who is the best one I have had yet.  She believes everything we say.  She believed it all like the first time we taught her.  She hasn´t doubted her.  She reads and understands better than anyone else.  She prays and truly knows God will answer her prayers.  And she wants to be baptized.  She knows its the next step for her to take.  The only thing is that her husband wont let her because he thinks we are the biggest cult.  We once taught him and he had so many questions and beliefs about our church.  It was crazy.  Some of the things he said were things I had never heard of before.  But we have the faith and hope that he will change.  Well, that the Lord will change him.  Because her desires are so good.  I can´t imagine the Lord not giving her her desires.  I am figuring she will need to be patient for a while but I feel that one day she will be able to become a member of the church. 
 
Well, I don´t have a lot of time.  Sorry it´s so short.  There are other things that I would like to write about but I just don´t have time.  I am getting better at writing in my journal though.  I know you will be happy about that.  And i know you will want to read it.  So I am getting better.  I am trying to not go to sleep without writing at least something.  And I haven´t been too bad the last few nights.  I will continue to write so you can read about all the stories that I have had and will have. 
 
Love you all so much!
 
Hermana Kylee Fronk

No comments:

Post a Comment