Honduras

Honduras
Honduras

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Your Favorite Hermana Ever!!!

Hola mi querida familia,

So did you all just love conference like me. I seriously just loved every minute of it. Well of the sessions that I did watch. The light went out in the stake center the Sunday morning session. So we missed about an hour of it. That was kind of a bummer. We missed Rasband, Sister Beck and Elder Christoferson (or at least that was what I was told). But other than that, I loved it. The last session was definitely my favorite session and that was when I felt the Spirit the strongest. I really felt like I was being taught on high. It was a pretty cool experience. It went by way too fast and I was so sad when it was over. But at least we have something to always look forward to. In 6 more months we will have another conference. I will say, I always feel so blessed because of the technology we have. I again got to watch it in English and it was just so nice to be able to listen to their real voices. I have never felt so blessed to have been born speaking English. It is just so much different to be able to hear them actually speak and not listen to a translators voice. I am seriously so grateful to that. Sometimes it makes me wonder what I did in the pre-earth life to be given so many wonderful blessings.

I actually did see Jaylene but none of the other ones. I thought Garrett had left a lot sooner. Where is he going again. And I had forgotten that Jaylene was going on a mission too so I was super suprised to see her. DO you know where she is going? And whats this with David Archeleta serving a mission? I had absolutely no idea! Its the first I have heard about it. I thought he had decided not to serve a mission because of singing and everything but good for him. I am assuming he has his call to serve outside of the states because it would be crazy for him to serve inside where everyone knows him. But then again, you never know what Heavenly Father wants for His children.

So this week was pretty good. I definitely had a good weekend. The week was interesting but in a good way. We taught a few lessons with people that just asked us question after question after question. It was ridiculous. I dont know if I have told you about Elena yet. She lives in a poor part of our area called Ojo de agua. We meet her a couple of weeks ago just walking around and talking to people in this part. She is super recpetive and so positive. She believes all we say without even really thinking about it. She is super awesome. She has 2 little kids and her husband. And man, her husband is quite the man. We had never met him before I think Wednesday. But she had told us about him. He told her never to let the missionaries of the Jehovahs Witnesses, the Mormons, and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints into the house. But she let 2 of the 3 into the house. Haha we quickly explained that the latter two were the same. So we met him and at first he didnt want anything to do with us and wouldnt listen to us. I was surprised that he let her listen but hey, we were happy. So we were testifying of the Book of Mormon and pray (we had the ZLs with us on divisions) when all of a sudden her husband comes into the house. He rudely interupts us and just starts springing all sorts of questions on us. Questions that frankly dont really matter for our salvation. But we answered them nonetheless. It was just interesting because with whatever type of answer we had, it didnt satisfy him. So after a while, he started asking the same questions and then we just told him our testimonies. It was such a cool experience though because it really taught me that no one can deny our testimonies. No matter what they think, they cant deny them. I just love the power that our testimonies have. Although he didnt accept us and the message, I know he felt the Spirit. It just breaks me heart though because he wife is one of the prepared ones but she probably wont be able to be baptized until he is converted. And either he will be converted in years or will witness a miracle that will just change his mind and he will be baptized soon. But the Lord knows and now all we need to do it trust in him. We had a couple of these experiences this last week. With just a ton of questions and answering them with our testimonies. None of the people could deny or fight with our testimonies. It is just awesome!

So I am glad that you finally got back into my facebook. What was the password? I cant believe Breann is pregnant and that her sister is getting married! But good for them. That is awesome. I also just got a letter from Mar and she told me that Jessie (from school, if you remember her) is pregnant too. And she just got married in Dec! I was pretty shocked to hear about that. Also, this month, Kendra is getting married. Oh man. Everything crazy happens when I am gone!

Well, I hope you have a great week and that you enjoy the time with the family. Thanks for everything that I know you do for me and for the things that I dont know. You are all just such examples to me and I am so grateful to be apart of your family. Thanks so much. Take care and stay strong. Love you and miss you all.

Love you all!
Your favorite Hermana ever!
Kyles

No comments:

Post a Comment