Honduras

Honduras
Honduras

Sunday, March 18, 2012


Hey momma!
So how does dad know my package is at the mission home? The mail came and went today and I still don`t have it. I don`t know why they would keep it at the home for that long. I am just praying I get it soon. I am ready to get something.
This week has been pretty good. I still wake up super early every day but I just read my scripitures so that`s been nice. We had a baptism on Saturday. We were supposed to have 3 but only ended up having 1. Two fell through because their mom changed her mind on Friday night at like 8. It was a bummer. The mom is kind of crazy but I can kind of understand where she is coming from. On Saturday, the stake put on an activity to make money for a temple trip in November. The wards all made food and the youth danced. It was actually pretty cool to watch because it was fun to see all the different areas in Honduras. It was fun to see the culture. But anyways, the girl, Gloria has been practicing with the ward the last few weeks and has been gone a lot and so the mom hasn`t been too happy. Gloria will tell her mom she will be home at a certain time but then will be late because they needed more time to practice and such. So the mom said no because her daughter is never home and hasn`t had a lot of time to do her homework and feels like her daughter is lying to her and tons of other things. It`s really a huge mess. But the Young Women`s president is going to go over and talk to her mom and explain that this isn`t how things normally are. So maybe she`ll change her mind but who knows. And the son, Ariel, can`t be baptized because the mom doesn`t want him to be gone all the time when he turns 12. Let`s just say, the kids and the mom have a lot of problems. The mom expects the kids to change but won`t change herself. She`s kind of a hypocrite. But we`re going to try to work with her.
But anyways, the baptism on Sat was pretty good. Kevin was so excited and happy. It was really cool to see. I want his happiness and joy to rub off onto me. He is a really awesome kid. I don`t know if I wrote about this the last time I emailed about my last baptism but they are really more laid back with their baptisms here. No one comes in church dress and everyone is late and it`s just an interesting experience. But I am just glad people come to support us and those we baptize.
Things are getting better every day. Or at least I tell myself that every day. I still have my really hard days but I have decided that I wll always miss home and you guys and my life during my mission. So I will just have to learn to adjust and deal with that. I am stil having a hard time recognizing when I feel the Spirit. I feel like I should know more now but I don't. I just don`t really feel like I receive promptings or anything. I don`t know. I am just trying to work out things.
We don`t really have any new investigators right now. I think she is getting a little frustrated with everything and I can tell she just doesn`t want to work all the time. So I am trying to find ways to motivate her because if she isn`t motivated, there`s no way I can be. But I am going to work really hard this week to get her excited somehow.
And I am so excited for Shanelle!!! I can`t believe she is already due. And the crazy thing is that he will be over a year old when I come home. Holy cow!!! But I hope all goes well. Let me know what they decide to name him. And tell me how your weekend is!!! Please don`t get so busy that you forget to write :)
Also, if you see Nicole again, tell her I am waiting for a letter. Haha I am actually not expecting to get one ever but just tease her for me. She really is an awesome friend.
Also, if you do end up sending my ipod out, put all the church music you can on it. We can pretty much listen to all types of church music. So please send some. I know it won`t be for a little bit but I am really missing the music.
I love you all. I know I haven`t been the most positive in my letters and I am sorry. I do know this gospel is true. I know that I am helping people make changes in their lives and that I can help bring them closer to Christ. I know that we have to go through trials to make us stronger. I just pray every day that my faith is strong enough to get me through the trials I will face while I am out here. I am so grateful for you all and your examples. I really do rely on them a lot while being out here. I am grateful that I am in this family. I couldn`t ask for a better family. I love and miss you all!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment