Honduras

Honduras
Honduras

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Hey momma!
I am so relieved that you remembered to write me :) I actually wasn`t too nervous. But some of the missionaries have said once or twice their parents haven`t written them and I so don`t want that too happen. I would be heartbroken so please don`t forget. I know you won`t but just as a reminder.
Oh and I still don`t have my package. I have no idea what happened to it. And my ZL`s have checked on it and everything. It`s not in the office or anything so I have no idea where it disappeared too. And I am pretty sad because I want to get the package. I know it probably won`t be that exciting but still. Just to get a package will be great. But I will just have to keep waiting. And my ZL`s said that they are going to try and track it down.
Also will you ask some of the aunts to send me a letter through dear elder about how they dealt with some of their companions? I would greatly appreciate it because there are some times that I feel so lost and feel like there is nothing I can do. I don`t know if I should fight things or just let them slide so we can have a good companionship without arguing.
Tell the Rasmussen`s congrats eventhough you will probably be home before you read this but still. He is a pretty cute little baby.
Kevin is a 12 year old and is the only member in his family so far. But that will change this weekend because we have another baptism! His mom is getting baptized this weekend. And what is even better is that I was the one that challenged her and she accepted!!! It was pretty cool. And he has helped me see what I am doing out here. He is so excited and he told us that he has been helping us teach her. Haha he has been teaching her some of what we taught him. He is seriously so happy. And he smiles everytime I see him. He has really changed. Before he was scared to do anything but now he has more confidence and wants to come to every activity and everything. He is great!!! And he is so sad that one of us will leave next week. Next week is changing and I will have another companion and may be in a new area. The thought is frightening. Not that I may move areas. As weird as it is I am actually ready to change. What`s weird is that I will have another companion. I am pretty nervous about the next one. But I have another week before that happens.
We may also have 4 other baptisms. I`m not too sure about it though because we actually haven`t taught any of them. They are 4 young boys and I can`t remember all their names between the ages of 10 and 12 and they are all friends of Kevin. I am telling you this kid loves the church already and is excited and tells everyone. Anyways these kids have come to church and went to an activity we had on Saturday night and really like the church and all but we need to talk to their parents tomorrow and get permission and actually teach them. So I don`t know how many we have this Saturday. At least one is for sure. And what a great note to end a change on.
Yesterday was probably one of the best ward conferences I have ever been in. Holy cow. The Spirit was so cool and it was unlike any conference I have been too. It was all about missionary work because the ward kind of has issues with that. They aren`t the most hardworking ward. Although I guess I don`t really know that because I haven`t served in other wards. But anyways it was awesome. The Stake President came and talked about the importance of going on a mission and how everyone in the ward is a missionary. At one point during his talk he had the RM`s stand up, then the ones that had their calls and were waiting to leave (there is one leaving next week and 2 that were supposed to have left 3 days after general conference but are still waiting on their visas. How hard would that be?) and then he had the young men who were waiting to recieve their calls stand up. There are 3 waiting and he had them come up to the front of the room and stand with him. Then he pulled out their calls!!! No one was expecting this and that was what made it so cool! They all opened them right there in church. It was pretty cool. And I started bawling because it reminded me of the day that I opened mine. I was again told that I am where I am supposed to be right now. The Spirit was really strong in the room. The set of twins, Misael and Cesar are going to the Dominical Republic but different missions and Darwin (we just baptized his dad) is going to Puerto Rico and they all report on Feb 23. It was a super cool experience to watch them open their calls and read where they are going and everything. It is not something I will ever forget.
Other than that this week wasn`t very exciting. Actually a lot of our appointments fell through this week. It has been kind of rough. And I am trying to stay positive because I think Hna Chavez is starting to get a little frustrated and baggy. She only has 5 months left and she isn`t the biggest fan of the area because it`s tough. But I am trying to keep going and work hard. It`s not the easiest when one of the companions doesn`t really want to work hard. But I am trying to stay with it.
Anyways, I am glad you had a good weekend up in Utah and seeing everyone. I hope everyone is great and that Nellie is feeling good after having the baby. And I hope everyone at home is great too. I am still praying for dad to find a job. I know it will happen sooner or later. I know you all know this but just remember everything comes in the time of the Lord. He knows when we need something more than we do. You and dad have been excellent examples of accepting the Lord`s timing and not our own. And I am very thankful for your example because you taught me to accept it. I know I want things when I want them but it`s not in the plan for my life. The Lord does know when I need the things that I need and He will give them to me when He sees fit to give them. I have also learned this as a missionary. And patience. If I don`t learn anything else I will have learned how to be more patient with everything. But I know everything will work out. Thanks for your examples and support. I love you all and miss you. The good news is I have almost made it 5 months into my mission!!!! LOVE YOU!!!

Hermana Kylee Fronk

No comments:

Post a Comment