Honduras

Honduras
Honduras

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Hey mom,

I`m sorry to hear that you are sick but thanks for the letter. I hope you feel better!!! I had quite the scare this morning. We actually started writing at 7 this morning because were going to Picacho (a huge statue of Christ) and we have so many missionaries that need to write. Since we are one of the closest set of missionaries, we got the joy of waking up ealier and writing super early. But when I got here and opened my email, I didn`t have anything. So I made one of the Elders start because I just had the faith that if I wrote later I would have an email from you guys. And it worked!!! I am super glad I got an email eventhough you aren`t feeling the best. Thanks :) Dad told me about the funeral and everything. I am glad to know that it went good. I hope that the family is all good. I can only imagine how hard that would be but thanks to the plan of salvation that the Lord has given us, we have the hope to see her again. That is such a blessing and I hope her family feels the love the Lord has for each of them in this hard time. He has given us so much. It really is incredible to me. Haha, tell Nicole thanks for the blog. Well I guess I can just tell her because if she is incharge of my blog she will look at my emails. Thanks Nicole!!! It`s super cute. I love it! And I will send more pictures. I know I am so bad at that. I need to figure out a way that works better because we just don`t have a lot of time to write and send and do everything. But I will get better at it. Next week I will send some pictures. I promise! So this week was good. I am actually really enjoying being in a trio. Maybe because the girls are good missionaries and we just get along. We still haven`t heard anything about her VISA so I am guessing she will be here with us longer than President thought. But that`s all good with me. We had a lot of good lessons and we just had a lot of success. We have 3 baptisms for this weekend and they are so awesome! Finally David is going to be baptized! I am so excited for this. And then we are baptizing 2 kids that are 13. Normally I don`t like baptizing kids because they just don`t have the support from the family but these 2 kids are so awesome and so cute! And the YM`s president is working really hard with us to make sure they are good and are attending church, mutual and all the other activities that go on. So I actually don`t worry about them too much. We also have a few dates for April but they aren`t as positive. But you never know. If I have learned anything is that Heavenly Father can do anything and make anything happen. We just have to be willing to let Him mold and change us. Yesterday was a pretty good day. We had our stake conference and Elder Clayton, Elder Clark, Sister Dibb, and President Packer were the speakers. The 2 Elders spoke in Spanish and the other 2 had voice overs. The conference was pretty good. It was something that I needed. I learned a lot of things that can help me become better and change some things I need to change. I learned about virtue and how to be more virtous and the importance of being virtous. I learned about how we can find the lost sheep of Christ. And needless to say, that had an impact because as missionaries, that is what we are trying to do. It was just a spiritual experience and I loved it. And now I can`t wait for General Conference!! It was just really awesome to me that the 2 Elders were still speaking Spanish. I so want that to happen. I want to be able to speak for the rest of my life. I was actually thinking about being able to speak Spanish a few days ago. It really is such a blessing of God that I can speak Spanish. Of course there are some things that I still need to better and I need to expand my vocabulary and practice, but it`s amazing to me that I can understand almost everything that people say. I can really feel the Lord`s hand in my ability to speak and understand Spanish in just 9 months. On Friday it was my comps birthday, Hna Manutai and it was a pretty fun day. We made lunch with a member and you will never guess what I made her for her "cake"... I made chocolate chip cookies!!! Well we baked it as a cake but still, it was so awesome. I never thought I would ever make that during my mission. It was quite a hit too! The family wants the recipe and absolutely loved it. Little do they know that I just used the recipe from the chocolate chip bag. But I actually do want the recipe that we use to make cookies. When you are feeling better, could you please send me the recipe? Please and thank you. I sure do miss eating the cookies we make. I would sure love it if I could have some when I get home... (hint hint) haha. Who would have thought I would have missed eating those stinking cookies? I mean we only ate them every single sunday because someone at home... Dad... can`t go a week without eating his chocolate chips cookies that he doesn`t even make... Haha but yes, I do miss them. So yeah, I hope her birthday was fun. I tried to make it good because we`re so far from home and the birthday is just different in the mission. I had fun and it wasn`t even my birthday. Anyways, that was about my week. It was pretty good. We have people that are progressing and we are finding new people. We just can`t put a break on the work. I realized it`s really easy to kind of put a break on the work when we have people to teach. Like not work as hard as we can. But that`s just not the way it works. It reminds me of how easy it is to not remember the hand of the Lord in our lives when everything is going well. Then we fall and we remember that He is there and so we turn to Him and humble ourselves and go through the process again. We really are as stubborn as the people in the Book of Mormon sometimes. But just because things are good doens`t mean we don`t need Him in our lives. And just because I have people to teach and that we are doing pretty good doesn`t mean that I should work less. I still need to remember that I still need to work just as hard as I was when I was trying to find these people we are teaching. I hope that makes sense. I understand but I don`t know if I explained it well. Anyways, I love you all. Hope you are all having a good day. Have a good week. Remember the Lord loves us and that He knows us. He is always standing at the door waiting for us to open it and let Him into our lives. He can`t open it for us. Choose the right and remember who you are and what you stand for. (Yes, I know I totally just sounded like mom, but it`s true. These are her words of wisdom for us kids. Listen to her). I miss you all and love you!
Love ya!
Hermana Kylee Fronk

No comments:

Post a Comment