Honduras

Honduras
Honduras

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Hey mom,
Do you know that I can say I will be home by the end of this year? Granted, we will have the whole year but I can still say it. How crazy is that? The time is going by fast when I look at how many months I have out. In less than a week, I will have 7 months. Craziness.
I was looking at the pictures dad sent me and I saw one of Grandma Fronk. How is she doing? Obviously she is still alive but I haven't heard anything about her which probably means she is doing alright. And where were you guys when you took the pictures as a family? I don't recognize it. And I do have to say, I have a pretty awesome family. We are all really good looking. All you need to do with the photo is photoshop me in :) Which reminds me what did you guys do for the pictures this year and for the Christmas card? And tell Brenna I love her outfit with my boots and the shirt and I can't tell if those are my jeans or not but I think so. It looks really nice on her.
So this week was honestly not too exciting. The month of December is pretty hard because no one want to receive us or they are all with their family or they aren't home. So it's been kind of difficult but I am hoping things will settle down this week and that we will have success. This week my comp got her VISA for Mexico. We still don't know when she is leaving because they haven't given us the date. I am guessing my President knows but of course we never know until we need to know. So we are waiting for the date. I have realized that the mission includes a lot of waiting. I have definitely become a lot more patient in the mission. Hey, do you have any ideas how I can serve my comp? I know that as we serve, we love the people but I am having a hard time finding ways to serve. If anyone has an idea or things that they did for their comps during the mission I would love to hear about them. Please and thank you.
We do have 3 baptism dates. One is for sure. He is the brother of Maria Fernanda (the girl we just baptized) and he is 11 years old and loves the church. We went by his house yesterday and he was still sleeping so he thought he wouldn't come. Well about 20 minutes into Sacrament, he walked in. He came to church alone! I was pretty excited. His older brother also has a date but he has no desire to do anything or read or pray so we'll have to work slower with him. And the other date is Moises. He is one complicated guy. I am almost positive he knows the church is true but he has these doubts and his mom isn't the biggest fan of the church. His older brother is a member but less active. So he is pretty hard. And he has been taught by a lot of missionaries. But maybe he will make up his mind with us. Who knows. I have definitely come to know that through the Lord anything is possibly and that he can help change anyone. We have a lot of possible investigators that we are going to meet with this week. One of them is ready to hear the gospel. I just know it!
And yes, I have thought of just finishing school too up there. Who knows. Maybe I will end up doing that and just going to Utah after. I don't know. I know that would be the most logical choice. I just don't want to freeze. But maybe I will be dying for cold weather after my year here. It is going to be crazy hot! And I am almost positive I will be in the hottest areas in the hottest times because it's in the south. And I have been in the city for almost 6 months. I am bound to go down there soon. Honestly I will probably end up doing that because it would be the smartest choice. I just don't want to be old! This is really my biggest excuse. But maybe if Elyse is still there I could room with her or something to make me feel a little better about my age. Haha that's definitely not an excuse. But I still have time to think about it.
And this next time I will write you about my goals. I am running late for an interview I have with President and that is not good. So i need to go. BUt I love you all and miss you. Hope you have a great time for the Holidays. Get home safe!
LOVE YOU
Kylee

No comments:

Post a Comment